Friday, March 9, 2012

Quilt Studio

I have had trouble with my Google password  and finally got that resolved so I could blog.

I will be posting again soon to share some Yukon Quest pictures that hubby took in February.

 I have been wanting to share some pictures of my quilt studio that is just about completed.  We are still working on the design wall, and we just covered the large L shaped counter with fabric. I bought ironing, quilted, insulated fabric yesterday to make a large ironing surface for the counter. I love working in this room, it is very restful for me and as I get things in their correct places it will be even more restful.
 I have sorted my fabric and now it is in clear tubs with labels.  Love it.
 I have several chairs for relaxing, hand sewing and visiting with friends and family.  The coffee pot is usually on, so come for a visit.
 I separated the flannel from regular cottons and store them in this shelving unit.
 My Nolting Long Arm machine.
 A view from one corner, I have several machines set up but use my Bernina QE the most.
 There is a lot of storage under the large L shaped counter. I have my sewing thread sorted in the blue lidded tubs by color.
 I keep my projects in process in these plastic boxes, so when I want to work on a project, the pattern, the fabric and everything I need is all together. 
 I made this quilt for friends in Eagle Alaska, which hubby took along as a house gift when he went to stay with them in February for the Yukon Quest.

 A close up of the Eagle quilt.
 The fabric for this quilt was purchased in Alaska,when we were there 3 years ago.  I made this up for two special friends in Fairbanks.  Hubby took this along as a house gift when he went Alaska.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVE your sewing room. LOVE your labels! Jealous of your longarm! :)